Home » Politics

Ron Paul And The Economic Mess Of Today

26 July 2008 6 Comments

Today I bring you a collection of Ron Paul videos. While I don’t agree politically with much of what Ron Paul has to say, I do agree whole heartedly with his monetary policy opinions. Plus, he’s the only one who continues to address these serious systemic issues in our country. Take a look at the following videos and make your own opinion.

His points are hard to refute, no?  He speaks with common sense and he’s not afraid to criticize a financial system that everyone else seems to buy into even though we continue to get ourselves into trouble.  Who else is addressing the real, underlaying problems of our system that leads to situations like a housing bubble and crash?

I encourage you to continue watching…

As I said above, maybe not the best option for President, but how about Fed Chairman?  Ron Paul is focused on the long term economic sustainability of our country.  It seems everyone else focuses on jobs and growth over the next year and is willing to boost them at any cost.  Are we willing to deal with some short term pain to ensure a strong future for our children?

I’d love to get some comments… Thanks.

• Congress Blog said:

Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship.GeorgeOrwellGeorge Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

• North American Union said:

If you wait to do everything until you’re sure it’s right, you’ll probably never do much of anything.WinBordenWin Borden

• Joshua said:

Am I willing to put up with short-term pain? Yes! Is the U.S. though, no. It’ll never happen. We’ll have to go through a complete crash before people get their minds wrapped around the idea that 6-month thinking doesn’t work!

I’m glad you noticed Ron Paul…I disagree with some of his positions too, but I voted for him in the primaries very hopefully. Why? Because he actually has a brain and his own knowledge and opinion! And he actually considers carefully his positions. I’d rather have someone who thinks for themselves in charge than someone who bases their policies on poll results.

• Mayor said:

I support Ron Paul, I also whole-heartedly disagree with most of his positions. I do agree with his position on monetary policy. I don’t think this position is unique among his supporters.

Furthermore, I personally believe that every problem plaguing this country is systemically rooted firstly in our monetary policies, and secondly in our energy policies. He’s also the only candidate that basis monetary policy as his key issue.

I think the unique aspect of the candidate is that he seems less corruptible that other politicians, doesn’t pander or hedge his views, and seems willing to argue and change his views from time to time. I also think he doesn’t tow the party line but thinks for himself.

• kevin duffey said:

Mayor,

Great comments on Ron Paul and I agree with you. I love his focus on monetary policy. I honestly hope he gains more traction and support because, even though I disagree with some of his stances, his focus on on monetary policy is crucial and outweighs the other issues.

• Pam said:

I love Ron Paul! — Him and his Revolution…tho’ I wished it had actually gone somewhere!!! There was a ‘march’ planned in DC, but then it fizzled out. How do we get more people to make a stance and get the government to change what they are doing with the money that ‘they’ have???? Wish there was a solution to that thing we call government!