End Of The Week Random Thoughts
Well, it’s been a crazy week. Too little sleep due to working hard all day and night then staying up and watching the olympics. I’ve had an incredibly productive week with both my day job and my blogs. I have a couple deals pending with my blog that will help me ramp up the monetization which of course is the end goal. Other than that here are some random thoughts and interesting links that I found this week.
- Is anyone else fascinated at “nature battles”? I love when I find a video or images of one beast fighting another. Well, here’s a pretty sweet page showing a leopard killing a crocodile. Simply awesome.
- In one of my attempted income streams known as fantasy baseball, I got dealt a tough blow this week with Carlos Lee breaking his finger! Might have just cost me $800.
- I have to mention the Olympics…This is definitely the most I’ve been into the Olympics as long as I can remember. The American dominance in swimming is incredibly awesome to watch. Michael Phelps is a genius and his teammates are awesome too. The victory in the 4×100 relay where American swimmer, Jason Lezak, caught the favored French team in the last leg gives me chills each time I watch it. Also, Ryan Lochte is tearing it up too who is a UF swimmer. Go Gators and go USA.
- Here is an interesting article regarding Google. It makes a thought provoking point about how when a stock is skyrocketing with a seemingly limitless ceiling, the company can do no wrong. When the stock is struggling, issues suddenly become public. The author of the article takes the stance of “entitlement” where everyone is entitled to everything in life even world class day care.
- I spent a little time recently browsing car options since we are thinking about trading in a car. I am 25 years old and my goal for the next 10 years is to spend as little money as possible on cars. I will view a car as a means of getting from point A to point B. In ten years, if I am in a different financial situation, I will re-evaluate my position. The truth is that I love cars. I love nice cars and truly enjoy driving a world class vehicle. The problem is that they are such awful investments and for the next ten years, my focus is on generating net worth. With that said, I am slightly intrigued by the new Hyundai Sonata. It is an extremely nice vehicle that seems incredible inexpensive and comes with a killer warranty. Anybody own one? I have yet to drive one but would love more input regarding this vehicle.
- I am really pumped about the increase in traffic in such a short time with my new site over at SmallBlogging.com. If you haven’t checked it out, please do so! Thanks!