Great Analysis By David Rosenberg
19 October 2009 No Comment
I really enjoyed this interview from this morning:
David has a great perspective on the markets, economy and the government’s role in our economy. A couple highlights:
- Despite being a “perma-bear”, David was looking for an extreme bottom to become a big time buyer. We never reached those levels.
- He believes the market should be trading between 850 and 900 on the S&P.
- Most of the recovery is dependent on the government
- Skills, education and productivity should be the focus… not consumption and home ownership
- We completed a 25 year period of living above our means; now we’ll have to live below our means.