Announcing The 20smoney.com Writing Contest! Win $250!
I’ve been wanting to do a give-away / contest, and I decided to do it in the form of a writing contest. You can enter the contest by writing a short piece as described below.
- Answer the question: What is your financial plan for the next 10 years?
- Be sure to to hit on things such as income, job security, budgeting, expense management, real estate, investing, retirement planning, etc. – the more detailed within specific areas the better!
- Be sure to discuss how the economy might affect your plan – what if we fall into a double dip recession? Or worse, a depression? Or inflation? What if you lose your job? What are you doing to prepare for any economic scenario?
- Be specific about certain financial goals you might have
- Include your age and your age-specific concerns & goals
- A minimum of 500 words is required – again, more detail improves your chances of winning the contest!
- Send your contest submission to kevin (at) 20smoney (dot) com with “Writing Contest” in the subject line
- Contest will run until March 15, 2010 – all submissions must be in by then
- I will pick the winning entries according to how well thought out your plan is, detail and thoroughness, creativity, etc.
- All submissions become the property of 20smoney.com and may be posted on the website
- If you have a blog, I will include a single link to your blog if your entry is posted – be sure to let me know your blog URL
- 1st Place: $250 cash or American Express gift cards
- 2nd Place: TBD
- 3rd Place: TBD
If I receive over 25 quality entries, I will increase the prize pool, so help promote the contest by writing a blog post, tweeting about it, or posting on Facebook about it!
I will probably do a weekly update on the contest as I hash out the prize pool and post quality contributions while the contest is going on. I will post updates and answers to any questions that I might get regarding the contest. Good luck!