HubPages.com Writing Experiment
Ok, time for a new online income experiment. If you don’t remember, here are some of my past experiments:
HubPages.com is a website similar to Squidoo where you can create pages of content. Most people would describe these pages as landing pages that attempt to get you to click thru to a product sales page or another website. Most people don’t write hubs simply for the sake of writing hubs, although you can get a share of Adsense earnings.
I’ve started writing for HubPages.com – you can access my profile here – I’m using the opportunity to write about some of the topics that aren’t really applicable to this blog.
My goals for this experiment are:
- To see if making some side income is a real possibility with HubPages.com
- To get some legit backlinks to my blogs – note: your “score” as a writer needs to be above 75 in order for your backlinks to not have the “nofollow” attribute – I already surpassed this level with only a few hubs (not very difficult).
Further questions I hope to answer are:
- How many hubs does it take to begin generating some money?
- Is residual income a real possibility? This was difficult to attain with Examiner.com
- How well are hubs indexed in search engines, and how quickly?
- Is HubPages an effective way to expand your online presence? This involves funneling traffic to your sites, creating backlinks, etc. Is it more effective than places like ezinearticles.com or other article directories?
I will probably come up with other questions as I get into this. I will provide an update in a few weeks or months depending on the progress and how much information I have to relay. I’m planning to give this real effort in order to accurately determine the income potential.
As of writing this article (probably will be more when this is published), I have written 11 “hubs” – below are a few:
- Why prepare for economic uncertainty?
- Depression-proof income streams
- Making money in the new normal economic depression
If you’re a HubPages writer, be sure to “follow” me and let me know – I will reciprocate. Hopefuly some of you will help me increase my score and get a good feel for the income potential here. If you want to do some group writing experiments on HubPages, let me know as well.