9 June 2010 3 Comments
I’ve decided to build a Google spreadsheet with my current portfolio:
Stock prices reflect prices at the close of trading on June 7th, 2010.
A few notes about my allocation:
- As you can see I have a significant portion of my portfolio (over 50%) in gold/silver related positions and cash
- Approximately 18-19% of my portfolio is in other long positions (long term plays and high yield dividend stocks). The dividend stocks have been paying me nice cash flow while the long term plays are just small positions that I don’t expect to pay out for some time.
- My goal is to hedge these long positions of the portfolio with my short / inverse positions
- My core holdings (PM, MCD, WMT), I don’t worry about hedging because these are long-term dividend paying positions that I don’t intend to sell – note that WMT & MCD don’t factor into my allocation at this point because they are very small and are accumulated through a DRIP
- Note that the gain/loss figures don’t reflect dividends collected – for example, I’ve been collecting dividends on PM for years
- Lastly, I don’t include any option instruments I’m holding at this point for the sake of simplicity