20smoney Investing Contest
I’m looking to put together a nice little investing contest for the readers of 20smoney. There are some great platforms on the internet where you can do “fake investing” without real money – Investopedia.com is probably the best. Before launching such a contest, I want to gauge interest. If we can get 10+ people, it might be fun to do.
Here’s what I’m thinking:
- Cash prizes for the best investors based on performance
- Investing is definitely a long-term game, so the contest could potentially run several years – to keep interest, we might do an annual or semi-annual cash prize?
- We’d do something like where each person starts with $100,000 of “play money”
- “Players” will have to announce their overall strategy ahead of time so that everyone can see what strategies are out there – this won’t mean you’re stuck to your specific strategy but it will be a guide for the contest
- The purpose is to be fun and maybe educate others on your favorite investment strategy
- If you have a blog and want to enter, we will make sure your blog gets some publicity
If this is something you might be interested in, leave a comment (make sure you include your correct email address) or shoot me an email at kevin [at] this domain – put “investing contest” in the subject line.
I’ll provide an update based on the feedback I got in a couple weeks. Thanks.