Obama Is Not Your Main Problem
Interesting news this week with the town hall meeting where a couple individuals were chastising President Obama about being disillusioned after he promised them things would get better. These people are expressing disappointment that Obama hasn’t fixed their lives essentially.
Here is one of the comments from a person at the town hall:
“I’m exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for and deeply disappointed with where we are right now,” she said. “I have been told that I voted for a man who said he was going to change things in a meaningful way for the middle class. I’m one of those people, and I’m waiting, sir. I’m waiting. I don’t feel it yet.”
What a clown. Guess, what? You will always be waiting, sir.
“Like a lot of people in my generation, I was really inspired by you and by your campaign and message that you brought, and that inspiration is dying away,” he said. “It feels like the American dream is not attainable to a lot of us.”
Ok, let’s go back to the campaign again from two years ago. What exactly was it? Oh yes, change. Change. What kind of change? It doesn’t matter! Just change. What does that even mean? Stop asking questions! Is this not ridiculous? Let’s recap the situation. These people voted for Obama because he promised change. Now, these people are mad because their lives are still in shambles. Essentially, they’re looking for Obama to fix everything for them.
Here is a little fact for you: Obama can’t fix your life. And neither can the next president no matter what party he’s from.
Your problem is that you’re looking to a politician to fix your problems instead of fixing them yourself. Good ol’ independent Americans who believe in capitalism (sort of) want the President to wave his magic wand and fix the economy and fix their lives.
Good grief, Americans are a bunch of whiners and are so lazy that they do nothing to fix anything in their lives. They will look to the next slick politician to fix things for them. These same people that voted and are now complaining about Obama will indeed be the ones that sweep in Republicans this fall and maybe again in 2012. Then, they will get disillusioned again, and vote for the next slick Democrat. It’s a stupid cycle, and because Americans are both lazy and ignorant, it will continue.
How does the cycle stop?
- Americans decide that they will fix their problems themselves, whether it is unemployment, foreclosure, too much debt, a crumbling marriage, their football team sucks, their kids are on drugs, whatever.
- Americans learn that Obama and every other politician out there doesn’t really care about them. They care about themselves. They care about gaining and staying in power, because they want power. They promise things not because they want you to have them, but because they view it as a means to gain power.
- Americans learn what the real problems are that politicians can tackle. Politicians should not be focused on your foreclosure. That is a you problem. You bought a house you couldn’t afford. Sorry, but losing your home won’t end your life. You can rent or own another place. You can be resilient and let your family know that the house you live in is not the most important thing in your lives. The problems that politicians should tackle are the fact that Americans are overtaxed, people that work for the government make way more than people who don’t, politicians fly around in jets and have all kinds of crazy perks (again, why they love being in power), the Federal Reserve claims to fight inflation yet causes it, which kills the middle class. We have troops in 130 countries yet we don’t secure the border to Mexico. There’s plenty to do.
So, let’s recap with the following:
- Foreclosures, unemployment, too much debt, can’t afford private school, tough marriage, kids don’t listen to you… these are all you problems. Not government problems. Disagree? Leave a comment.
- Corruption, structural deficits, currency debasement, unsecure border… these are politician problems.
- Politicians don’t really care about you, they care about themselves – heck, Obama doesn’t even care about his aunt, why would he care about you?
- If you can’t “attain the American dream” it’s not the job of a politician to take money from someone else and give it to you so you can own more crap like BMWs and mcmansions. Good grief. Earn it yourself.
- It’s time for you to pick up a freaking book and understand more about politics so the next time a freaking politician comes along and says a word like CHANGE – the next word might be HOPE, or PEACE, or maybe FUN, or HONOR, or PROSPERITY, or YOUREANIDIOTBECAUSEYOULISTENTOMYCAMPAIGNSLOGANS – you won’t fall in love with an empty campaign promise and vote someone in who wants the government to run every area of your life. Learn something about something. Turn off the television. Maybe start with “End the Fed” by Ron Paul. Wow, these people piss me off and I wish people had to pass a basic test in order to be allowed to vote.
That’s enough ranting for now.