Home » Investing, Market Analysis, Quick Hits

Dow Hits 12k: Does It Matter?

26 January 2011 6 Comments

We like to make big deals of these levels in the Dow.  We crossed 12,000.  Does it matter?  Well, first, I’d say that the Dow is sort of archaic and the S&P 500 is a better index.  Regardless, though, if you’re a bull, you’re cheering the new level.  The reality though is that 90% of these bulls only care about what the stock market does this year.  This is a terrible way to invest.  Ignore the short term cheering, and focus on the fundamentals, and the big trends that you know are in place.  If you missed it, I outlined some of these trends here.

• pandora said:

Its the existing that will grow for the reason that with the phone. They will enjoy in addition to prize this desirable in addition to individualized spend back again for years forward asPandora jewelry Corporation includes a special name in addition to special merchandise.

• Merrill Nichols said:

Hey, just found your page from stumbleupon. It is not an article I would normally read, but I liked your thoughts on it. Thanks for making an article worth reading!

• Compression Socks said:

I think it will stay around this level for some time. It may have some ups and downs but overall it will be steady I believe.
    mechanical engineering internships bay area

• click said:

yup its great for the stockers, it is great news for the traders who had their eyes glued on to the trading sheets to have their pockets brimming. thanks for bringing me up this data through your site. crisp and brief data.

• mallorca property said:

Thanks for sharing this useful information. I appreciate it.

• Quick quid said:

You always done a great job, I appriciate your post and i will visit again, Keep more posting like this.