Home » Gold, Inflation, Quick Hits

Sell Silver For Gold?

29 April 2011 10 Comments

The rise in silver in recent months is huge to say the least.  The last six months have been very rewarding for silver investors as the price of the ounce of silver has more than doubled.  If you look at a chart, it looks somewhat parabolic which always makes me nervous.  I don’t exactly think that silver is necessarily over, but the short term rise makes me somewhat nervous.  If you have some paper silver gains such as SLV, I’d consider selling it and putting that cash into something like GTU (reliable gold investment – I don’t recommend GLD).  If you have physical silver, I’d probably hang on to that as you’re not looking to make a quick buck with that most likely.  Is this the top in silver, probably not, but moving silver into gold while the gold to silver ratio has pushed some new lows might be a good idea.  Have fun.

• TaJ said:

It's hard to say what's going on with silver these days. I'm just as happy to be out of paper silver at the moment. I've traded SLV repeatedly for long profits, but it's hard to know where it's going from here. I wish anyone trading it now in either direction the best of luck, they may need it!

• fxgeorges said:

Your best bet is to sell them to a coin collector, individually. Some might not be worth much and are probably better off being sold for scrap, but if it's a chest of coins then you should probably get them appraised

• Intraday Tips said:

You have very nice site and will really helpful for everyone. This blog as usual was educational thanks for share such good information…
    regards
    Intraday Tips

• Mcx Tips said:

I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I'll love to read your next post too.

Regards

Mcx Tips

• WPC Flooring said:

I have been wondering where you have gathered all that information because it looked like an enormous piece of work over there!

• mcx tips said:

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definately be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment.

mcx tips

• mcx tips said:

Excellent and informative tips.I like your post and it really gives an outstanding idea that is very helpful for all the people on web.
    mcx tips

• Mcx Tips said:

Regards

Mcx Tips

• louis vuitton said:

Resources much like the one anyone reveal here are going to be very cooperative in my opinion! I will certainly post one of the links to this page on our blog. More than likely my guests will quickly realize that quite significant.
    There are definitely lots of details like that to take into consideration. That is a nice point to bring up. I provide the ideas above as basic inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you carry up where a very powerful factor will probably be working in honest good faith. I don’ know if finest practices have emerged round things like that, but I am certain that your job is clearly recognized as a fair game. Both girls and boys feel the affect of only a second’s pleasure, for the remainder of their lives.

• Derlierpro ssy said:

APMEX believes that you deserve the highest levels of security when you make your purchase. You can rest assured that your private data is safe and secure. From the moment you place your order to the time your order is delivered to your door, your personal data is safe with APMEX.Wrong diagnosis